1. I never wanted to be a photographer. Originally I wanted to be a youth pastor and eventually a pastor. God had other plans. Thank Him for that!
2. My very first venture into photography was with landscapes. I was all into this artsty-fartsy stuff. So much so that my first website was sincerelypoetic.com. Lol…I’m serious
3. I love marriage. Being married is a privilege, not a right. It’s a privilege that I hold near and dear to my heart.
4. I almost quit wedding photography a bazillion times. Let’s face it, owning your own business is hard work. It’s stressful and at times can be a nightmare. I remember being on the edge many times and ready to quit. Quitting seemed like the easiest decision at the time. The reason I didn’t quit is because I 100 percent feel called to do this. As I look back at my images, I see such growth that I would not have experienced if I’d quit.
5. I met my wife April online. We joke that it was love at first click. OK, I joke around and say that because I’m totally cheesy and “Bad Jokes” is my middle name.
6. My wife had my daughter’s name picked out since she was in the 3rd grade. She always wanted a Leah.
7. I still have my first sample album I made to show clients, pink pages and all. My wife makes me keep it because she says it shows how far I have come.
8. My first job was as a golf caddie when I was 12. It was at the Warwick Country Club in Warwick, Rhode Island. I actually shoot weddings there from time to time.
9. I’m a morning person. I get out of bed with energy and the radio blaring. April? Not so much.
10. So you know I met April online. It was October 2010. We were engaged on Feb. 14, 2011.